Sunday, September 27, 2009

Birthday Blues

Today is my Mother in-law's birthday and my sister in-law. I tried last night at the grocery store to get her a card but I couldn't do it. I remember reading one that talked about all the changes there are in life but the one constant that remains is a mother. I just started crying in the middle of the isle, dropped the card and went on my way. I am so lucky to have the greatest mother in-law but all I could think about today was that I won't ever be able to tell you Happy Birthday again. I loved your birthday and mother's day because they were the only 2 days of the year where you let us completely take care of you. We got to make you dinner and clean and pamper you. As I look back I think we probably felt like we did much more for you than we actually did, but I loved every opportunity I had to be able to give back to you.