Saturday, August 29, 2009

Swimming and Volleyball

Yesterday we went swimming with all the Grandkids. Except for Naki, he's in 1st grade now. While Brigham was getting his swimsuit on he quickly reminded me of the last time he went swimming with you at Farmington pool. You are the best grandma. You were so energetic and played with my kids in the water, while i sat on the edge of the pool. You bought the kids snow cones and Brigham dropped his on the ground. He had almost eaten all of it before he dropped it but you couldn't stand to let him cry so you went and got him another one. You always knew how to spoil my kids. And all the grandkids for that matter. When he reminded me of swimming with you I felt pain. What a wonderful memory that should be. But it was only a few weeks ago that you took them there and now you are gone. It doesn't seem real. I still can't believe you are gone.

Max's birthday was only a few weeks ago as well. Remember we all went to Lagoon. You had spent all day doing everything for the Ressler family reunion. It was at your house....even though you weren't supposed to be in charge. You always got sucked into things like that. Even though you had no time. I'm sure you were exhausted by the end of that reunion, but we hopped in the cars and headed to Lagoon. I can still see you smile as you rode on the rides with you grandkids. You were happy, and they were happy to be with you. Me and Cameron left you with our kids for a few hours while we went on some adult rides. I'm so glad we did that, I'm so glad my boys got to be with you.

Today we went to Anna's beach volleyball tournament. It was fun to watch her, but somehow things aren't as fun without you there. Dad seemed lost. He was quiet all day and wouldn't play pepper with Anna when she asked him to. He is trying so hard to do the right things, but he's in so much pain. I ache for the loss of you for myself but even more so for Dad. I wish I could take his pain away. He doesn't know how to live without you. Please help him.