Monday, February 8, 2010

I have faith

Thus far every time I have written to you has been depressing. I guess that is the point of this though, just getting out all of my negative feelings here so I can be more positive in real life. But I do hope you know a couple of positive things....

(1) I have never been so sure that God has a plan for me and that as hard as it is not having you here, I have always felt like your death is part of that plan. I'm not sure why and I still don't feel like it's fair but I have felt you telling me that several times in the last 6 months and I want you to know that you have gotten through. I doesn't make things easier without you but for some reason it does make it more bearable.

(2) I have amazing friends and family that love me. I have been overwhelmed with the amount of love I have been shown by others during these last 6 months. And I'm always amazed at how in tune people are to my feelings.

(3) Dad is amazing. Obviously you know this but I can't get over his strength. He misses you terribly and it hurts me to know that every night he makes the dreaded walk to your bedroom alone. I think seeing Dad hurting is probably as hard to deal with as anything else. And yet every morning he wakes up and gets things done. He has never had a day where he sits around and feels sorry for himself. He continues to push on and forces all of us to follow behind him.

(4) There are some things I am glad you are not here for. I will not go into detail about these, but you know what they are and I am glad that you know the big picture now so you aren't able to be hurt by the things of the world. I always felt protective over you and hated it when someone, especially someone you loved, did something to hurt you. I am glad you cannot be hurt anymore. You deserve that.