Friday, November 6, 2009

Declaration...

So Dad told us right after your funeral that we had just stood up in front a whole lot of people and made a declaration of faith and that we needed to be careful to keep that. I was thinking "no problem, I've never needed the gospel more than I need it now in my life, this trial is only going to increase my faith." Well little did I expect that Satan would test us for the next few months without you here. I guess he wants to see if we are really committed. It seems like one thing after the other is going wrong. I'm not trying to complain but for some reason I thought that because we lost you we were exempt from other trials for a while. Wow am I naive. I have decided that it is not the big trials that test my faith it is the small ones after a big one that are the hardest to cope with. I know we are being blessed too. I guess I need to focus on those instead of the bad. It's hard to try to handle these situations on my own. You were always here for me encouraging me and being my greatest example. I love you and miss you.